INT3RP "All Around"
Every complex field (medical, legal, forensic, IT, cognitive science, AI, sustainability studies, marketing and branding) is constituted almost wholly of SIGNS to be INT3RPreted. These signs come in many forms: symptoms, codes, images, clues, symbols, evidence, arguments, logos, data, algorithms, icons, indices, and models. We are immersed in signs; they are all around us. If INTEL is "Inside," then INT3RP is "All around." But these signs are often misinterpreted. In fact, data show that in nearly all industries, errors and inaccuracy are widespread, decreasing efficiency and costing businesses, legal and medical practices, and agencies of all types untold amounts of time and money.
In fact, one reads that in
- medicine: Up to 20 per cent of medical diagnoses are wrong1;
- law: One out of 8 times, juries are wrong2;
- marketing and branding: More than 70 per cent of marketers failed to deliver real results to their clients3; and roughly 75 per cent of ads will creatively underperform (regardless of media)4;
- forensic science: One-third of murder cases in America go unsolved5; Eleven per cent of individuals involved in police shootings were later found to be innocents misidentified as criminals6;
- security: Seven per cent of smartphone users were victims of fraud7;
- information technology: More than 65 per cent of people in the country don't download a single application for their smartphones8 . . .[and] only 2.4 per cent of Americans who own smartphones download eight apps or more a month.9
- cultural semiotics: A poll conducted for Reuters found that 22 per cent of people worldwide believe the world will end during their lifetime,10 and nearly 40 per cent believe we're living in the end times.11
Contact us to see how we can help you avoid costly misinterpretation.