OUR TEN TOP SERVICE DOMAINS:
(1) SEMIOTICS OF MARKETING AND BRANDING. We are cool hunters! And, as such, we are poised to help you track down the hottest branding and marketing techniques and strategies. We can help you create a new brand, remake an old brand, or market your present brand in new ways! Contact us for coaching and products to grow your brand! (See below for contact information.)
(2) DESIGN SEMIOTICS. Not happy with the layout of your business or office? We can help you revision and remake your Servicescape! Contact us for coaching and products to improve your business's control over the many environments (real and virtual / built and natural) upon which it depends!
(3) MEDICAL SEMIOTICS. Contact us for coaching and products to improve the diagnostic success rate for physicians and other health-care providers or to reduce communication errors (and cost) in your medical practice, clinic, or hospital.
(4) SEMIOTICS OF SUSTAINABILITY (SOS). Contact us for coaching and products to take advantage of what Paul Hawken calls "the ecology of commerce." We don't help you "green wash" your business image; we help you to profit from adding a real ecological dimension to what your business does!
(5) SEMIOTICS OF VISUAL INTELLIGENCE (SVI). Contact us for coaching and products to improve your neural network's learning curve or video game's IQ! Learn about our "Ah, AI See" Project and our "Weight and See" Project: two projects that connect the science of extended, distributed, and situated consciousness to neural networks! (Please see extended descriptions by scrolling down.)
(6) SIFT (SEMIOTICS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY). Contact us for coaching and products to improve your office's or business's connectivity to and through the Internet of Things!
(7) CULTURAL SEMIOTICS (How to Be a Real World Robert Langdon, Symbologist, or Sherlock Holmes). Want to be a real-world Robert Langdon or Sherlock Holmes? We have coaching and products to help you in your quest!
(8) LEGAL SEMIOTICS. Contact us for coaching and products to help you disambiguate complex language and meaning in contracts and other legal documents.
(9) FORENSIC SEMIOTICS (invented by professor Marcel Danesi). Contact us for coaching and products to help your detectives track down criminals with a Sherlock Holmesian tenacity and your police officers better decode (and likely defuse)--with the applied rigor of forensic semiotics--the many complex "situations" that they so often encounter.
(10) SECURITY SEMIOTICS. Contact us for coaching and products regarding encryption services.
PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS: To hire a consultant or a team of consultants, or to arrange for a training seminar, or to hire a speaker for your next big event,
email us at email@example.com
call: Madison office: 715.570.6699; Northern office: 715.570.6699
or, go online: http://www.int3rpinc.com/
IN-DEPTH DESCRIPTIONS OF OUR SERVICE DOMAINS
1. Semiotics of Visual Intelligence: The "Ah, AI See!" Project and the “Weight and See” Project are the names of our systematic approaches to helping neural networks (AI) "see" better and thus think “weightier” thoughts. After all, when we say, “I see,” we mean “I (AI) understand!” And it is no coincidence either that thoughts are said to have more or less weight, a key to any self-driving car that would hope to be able to discern the differences between a paper bag in the road and a rock. The “Ah, AI See” Project: Stanford professor of cognitive science Fei-Fei Li says, “Understanding vision and building visual systems is really understanding intelligence” (Wired, Marguerite McNeal). Through "feeding" AI neural networks complex visual images based primarily on the semiotic logic of Charles Sanders Peirce, who writes, ‘‘[T]hat every thought is an external sign, proves that man is an external sign," we of the “Ah, AI See” Project hope to help to prove that "AI is an external sign." This, then, is the epistemological basis for helping AI “learn to see” through “feeding” neural networks visual images “from the outside world” (outside in) rather than programming them from the inside out. As McNeal writes in the above-mentioned article, “Today, computers can spot a cat or tell us the make, model, and year of a car in a photo, but they’re still a long way from seeing and reasoning like humans and understanding context, not just content. (A bat on a youth baseball field and at a crime scene has two very different meanings.) ‘The next step for my lab,” Li says, “is to build the cognitive capability we need in fundamental vision tasks like understanding scenes, human behaviors, and relationships, and reasoning and telling stories’.” To this end, our Peircean visual-semiotic-strategies put into play a veritable genome of visual codes: icons, indices, symbols, images in context, images that embody Chomskyan syntactic structures, images that ground the visual dynamics of predator-prey interactions based on the solving by predators of complex visual puzzles by prey species, natural visual irony, images with built-in narratives structures, and image sequences embodying narrative syntax: a kind of cultural DNA of visual signs that allow neural networks to encode themselves from without—so that someday our machines will say, “Ah, I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw!”—and get it! “Weight and See” Project: As Richard Powers helps readers see (understand) in Galatea 2.0, understanding is an embodied phenomenon. It will be much easier to help a car that drives itself to distinguish between a paper bag in the road and a rock in the road (or the white sky versus the white side of a semi) if the neural network has a sense of weight and space. Thus, despite our prejudice, believing is not just seeing; it is “understanding” the weight(iness) and spatial dimensions of the cognitivized object. To this end, our “Weight and See” staff can advise AI professionals on how best to integrate both visual images and corporeal and spatial signs into their training of neural networks.